My Favourite Colour. #LifeThisWeek 11/52. 2017.41.
It’s not a secret that I love colour. I tend to dress colourfully so browns and beiges and greys do not get much of a look-in although black and navy were my ‘base’ colours when I was working.
I like colours that are bright in most cases and I also like colours that bring out the best in other colours.
Since getting into art a few years back I discovered yellow is a great friend for many colours.
Before I get to my favourite colour disclosure I admit I really have tried hard to embrace and love many colours and these include red, magenta, purple, green and at times, orange and yellow…but the final reveal is this:
BLUE is my HUE.
Here’s why. It is cooling. It is refreshing. It is relaxing. It is the colour of my favourite water course – the sea. It is the colour of the sky. It calms me. It has many shades. The favourites for me tend to be the greeny/blues. I love turquoise and aqua. I looked for examples around me and I did not have to look far! Here they are:
I guess now that I own up to BLUE being my favourite colour it probably always has been. I remember loving the colour turquoise when I saw it in a paint tin when I was a kid at school. I have worn blue for preference more than I realise. I was wearing a blue and white dress the night I met my now husband.
Whilst blue is my standout, I do wear others and enjoy having many colours around me! Here is a favourite mandala I made recently.
So, what is your favourite colour?
Is there more than one for you?
Thanks for linking up this week.
Here are the rules for the link-up “Life This Week” is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for until Thursday at 5 p.m.during that week.
* You can link up something old or new, just come on in.
* Please add just ONE post each week!
* Feel free to go with the prompt for the week to add your ‘take’ on the prompt. Or not.
* Please do stay to comment on my post as I always reply and it’s a bloggy thing to do!
* Check out what others are up to by leaving a comment because we all love our comments, right!
* Add a link back to this blog in your post somewhere. I don’t have a ‘button’ so a link in text is fine!
* THANK you for linking up today! Do come back next week. Next week’s prompt is “Autumn”.