Appreciation. #LTW16. 366/341.
This is the last post in the “Life This Week” LINK UP series for 2016.
It’s been great having so many blogging friends, old and new, join in each week.
I appreciate you all very much!
Today’s post is about my appreciation for the man I met in 1970 and married in 1971.
He is a modest person so I did have to ask him if it would be fine by him for me to write this and he agreed.
Our long marriage has seen us deal with many wins, struggles and more. Most do! However, I am concentrating on more recent times.
From the time in early 2014 he could see I was no longer wanting to work, through to selling the house at year’s end 2014, moving away from Sydney in early 2015, renting a place we hated for 10 months in 2015, and moving again in late 2015 to where we are more settled now…even though we are renting. One day we will buy!
These last three years have challenged me emotionally and have given me cause to feel more stressed about my life. Over time it has affected me and of course, my relationship. Major life shifts and changes can do that to a person. Especially one like me who needs her security and her sense of who she is and what she does.
Throughout all of the time, there has been one person here for me and ready to listen, advise and offer his love and security. I am a tough person to like when I am feeling insecure and sad. I push away because I am embarrassed by how upset I become. I lost a sense of independence for a while and the notion of who I am.
So my list of appreciation for my dear husband B comprises:
- his gentle patience displayed no matter how many times I ‘lose’ it over whatever emotional issue I am dwelling on
- the ready cuddle or hug IF I need solace after my tears..sometimes I have even rejected that because I am actually mad with myself
- his reminders that I have the skills and energy inside me to keep on keeping on
- his kind and listening ear and he gets what I mean and then helps me see the ways in which I can get through this
- words of encouragement as he senses how well I am doing now compared to how I was doing
- shared chats, laughter and repeated viewing of my old favourite Downton Abbey to enjoy the experience together
- his understanding that there are some days/nights where I still need reassurance I am doing OK in my healthy life change
- and when he agrees to an annual photo of the two of us then I am even more appreciative of his warm hug, gentle smile and loving demeanour.
Thank you B. I love you!
That’s my post on appreciation.
Did you write a post this week or are you linking up an older one?
As it’s Summer and Christmas Holidays in Australia I do not expect many bloggers to link up this Boxing Day!
Those who do, thank you!
Alicia is having a break today but Kell is running her link up here.
The ” Life This Week” prompt list from 2 January 2017- 27 February 2017 is on the Home Page and listed here too.