What Art Has Taught Me. 2017.53.
In 2013 I was searching for more in my life to help me through the bumps and trials.
A friend suggested an art-based group in U.S. where there was an annual challenge.
I’ve written about this a few times on the blog.
Today I am listing what Art has taught me from that mid-point in 2013 until the present.
And it’s not always about Art!!
- I can be patient
- I can see the world from different perspectives
- I can select what I want to do with my art materials with confidence
- I now know the process is more important to me than the product
- I find that I prefer to share my art, imperfect as it is, with many and am happy to give it away when people express an interest in it
- I find it interesting that others see different things in my artistic pursuits than I do at times
- I enjoy the way in which I became at one with the now when I’m engaged in a creative process be it writing, photography, art or gardening
In general, Art has taught me to allow my mindfulness to be part of who I am. I am no longer striving as much nor wanting to do the next thing. It is teaching me to slow down.
This is a good lesson to be learned!
Have you learned lessons from life?
Glad to be posting again today for I Blog On Tuesdays over with Kylie Purtell here.
This link up is an original in Australian blogging land!
Only newly published posts are eligible for link-up.
A few years back this was very popular and I suspect many of those bloggers have new priorities.
However, new and established bloggers who have an original post any Tuesday are so welcomed over at I.B.O.T.! Lots of commenters and lots of blogs to read.
Come on over and add it to your blogging calendar. The link-up stays open for all of Tuesday of that week.