Seasons of Life. Revisited. 70/365.
I am nearing the beginning of Winter in my life…and that is scary…
Only because like so many of us, I have sailed along in life, waiting for the “next thing” or “time for travel” or “happier times”
Life is NOT a dress rehearsal.
Ages birth to early mid 20s.
- I had a wonderful childhood growing up by the beach, and lots of people who cared for me, and about me.
- My education was in two excellent school settings, and even though I was a “bit naughty” in school, I got into Teacher’s College to fulfil my lifelong ambition.
- I worried about my weight. Totally unnecessarily. I was sometimes socially anxious. But I had a great social life.
- My career started in the countryside of NSW, where I was living away from home for the first time at 20.
- I had independence, a car, full-time permanent work, and I met the man I married.
- By 21 I had married, become pregnant-ok it was the other way round
- During my 2nd year of full-time teaching, I went on maternity leave, and has my daughter 3 months before my 22nd birthday.
- My stay at home days were isolating, lonely, boring, and I cooked and ate to relieve those feelings. So yes, this is when I truly was overweight.