Autumn. #LifeThisWeek 12/52. 2017.45.
This prompt was strictly from my calendar. In the northern hemisphere Autumn/Fall commences September 21.
In the southern hemisphere we call the season Autumn from March 1.
The reasons I like Autumn are:
- cooler evenings
- cooler days
- sunshine that does not burn (as much)
- plants changing – losing leaves or adding new flowers
- sense of calming down after the extremes of weather in the previous season of summer
- a gentler season as daylight saving finishes soon
- time for more indoors leisure
However, Autumn just hasn’t played well to date in many parts of Australia and with record high temperatures, bush fires, drought, flooding, cyclones and more…there sure are no falling leaves (except green ones whipped off trees in the winds) YET.
My autumn photos from late last week:
I remain someone who still tries to find autumn leaves where they are gathering and sometime soon I “hope” I will trek again to the more inland spots on the Central Coast to find them. I have wonderful memories of taking 2 grandchildren on walks around our old neighbourhood gathering autumn leaves for craft and having the fun of crunching them under their feet..and even lying in them. Not me, the kids!! A snippet from a favourite song I always taught little kids..with hands like leaves falling down…
Autumn leaves now are falling, red and yellow and brown
Autumn leaves now are falling see them tumbling down
So… Autumn leaves WILL be falling in some places I am sure…
but for now all I can offer is this lovely 1 minute of gentle autumnal leaves falling: Credit:
What is the weather like where you are now?
Is it autumnal or are you moving into spring?
Week 12/52 Link Up for Life This Week is here:
Thanks for linking up this week.
Here are the rules for the link-up “Life This Week” is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for until Thursday at 5 p.m.during that week.
* You can link up something old or new, just come on in.
* Please add just ONE post each week!
* Feel free to go with the prompt for the week to add your ‘take’ on the prompt. Or not.
* Please do stay to comment on my post as I always reply and it’s a bloggy thing to do!
* Check out what others are up to by leaving a comment because we all love our comments, right!
* Add a link back to this blog in your post somewhere. I don’t have a ‘button’ so a link in text is fine!
* THANK you for linking up today! Do come back next week. Next week’s prompt is “3 Month Review”.