Must Watch TV. #LifeThisWeek 10/52. 2017.37.
I am not quite sure why I chose this as a prompt as I am not really an avid TV watcher. I cannot abide having the television on in the background (will mute it if it is up to me!) but I also probably could not live without telly for a few reasons. One would be to keep up with what others might be chatting about in real life and on-line. Another is that at times there are some programs I do like and would not want to miss!
Oh and a bit of trivia I was 6 when television began telecasting in Australia and I was 7 when Mum and Dad got telly for us. Before that, on a Tuesday afternoon, a lady in our street invited the neighbourhood kids to watch Lassie on Channel 2. My mum said I couldn’t go back to watch if I came home crying again. Ohh. Muuuum! So, here’s my must watch TV and why!
I love our national broadcaster for many reasons and no ads is but one. I like the content and the ‘for all the people’ charter. I also worked for them in personnel waaaay back in 1967-68 after the HSC until I finally got the reprieve from office life to join the classrooms of NSW schools.
- Love(d) Play School when I was caring for the grandkids and also at school for Kindergarten kids in disadvantaged areas where a show like Play School helped so much with experiential learning.
- Watch the documentaries such as Kitchen Cabinet with Annabel Crabb and Home Delivery with Julia Zemiro…and many more. I tend NOT to watch Four Corners or Q&A anymore due to the content & people.
- News. Love the news channel and I also like ABC Breakfast on TV.
- We have had the very expensive (but we still choose to have it) Foxtel since it arrived in Australia as the wonder called Subscription TV.
- My must watch programs are generally on Lifestyle and Selling Houses Australia is the head of that list. I also love Grand Designs Australia and Location Location Location Australia. Note: Australian content is what I love most.
- I got to meet Shaynna Blaze and Andrew Winter at a Lifestyle channel expo in 2014 and they were both gracious and lovely.
- We did not even give this show a thought when it appeared on TV screens in Australia. Not one.
- Then in 2015 I discovered it via Netflix and became…HOOKED! But Netflix stopped it so I had to BUY all of the DVDS of course!
- Now we own all of the DVDs from Downton Abbey…here’s my little secret…I love it so much, my hub and I watch around a 20 minute segment every night.
- Yep, it’s the one time we actually watch TV together which is because we have such markedly different interests but this one is like ‘comfort tv’ for us.
- We are on our 4th time round!!!!!
There you have it! My must watch TV.
What about you? Are you a fan of TV?
Did you ever “not” have TV?
Thanks for linking up and joining in the commenting too for Life This Week.
Thanks for linking up this week. Here are the rules for the link-up “Life This Week” is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for until Thursday at 5 p.m.during that week.
* You can link up something old or new, just come on in.
* Please add just ONE post each week!
* Feel free to go with the prompt for the week to add your ‘take’ on the prompt. Or not.
* Please do stay to comment on my post as I always reply and it’s a bloggy thing to do!
* Check out what others are up to by leaving a comment because we all love our comments, right!
* Add a link back to this blog in your post somewhere. I don’t have a ‘button’ so a link in text is fine!
* THANK you for linking up today! Do come back next week. Next week’s prompt is “Favourite Colour”.